Iowa Derecho Damage Assessment
The Linn County Assessor's Office staff is working with Planning and Development to survey storm damage in Linn County. Employees will be wearing a photo ID badge for verification purposes.
If you would like to report your damage now, please fill out the State of Iowa Preliminary Damage Assessment.
Our county phone service is still currently unavailable. Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Services During COVID-19
Linn County’s top priority is the health and safety of employees and the public. That is why Linn County offices will reopen July 20 on an appointment-only basis as part of a phased approach to reopening. Linn County will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust County operations and safety measures as needed.
Many County services can be conducted online or remotely through email, mail, our drop boxes, or over the phone. To schedule an appointment with the Assessor’s Office or for questions about remote services, please call 319-892-5220.
Read more about our service modifications designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep employees and customers safe.
- County Assessor staff is available by phone, email, and by appointment
- Applications are being accepted by mail, email, and via the white drop box in front of the Public Service Center
- Applications for credits and exemptions are available here
- 2020 Assessment Notices were mailed March 30
The Linn County Assessor’s Office assesses real property in Linn County, Iowa with the exception of property in Cedar Rapids. The effective date of assessment is January 1 of each year.
- Assess all real property within Linn County, including Residential, Multi-Residential, Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial (except property in Cedar Rapids)
- Assess property for tax purposes
- Administer property tax credits and exemptions
Popular Assessor Services
- Real Estate Website
- Homestead/Military Application Forms Request (PDF)
- Business Property Tax Credit Application (PDF)
- Property Tax Estimator
- Land Records Search