Services During COVID-19
Linn County’s top priority is the health and safety of employees and the public. That is why Linn County offices will reopen on an appointment-only basis as part of a phased approach to reopening. Linn County will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust County operations and safety measures as needed.
Many County services can be conducted online or remotely through email, mail, our drop boxes, or over the phone. To schedule an appointment with Human Resources or for questions about remote services, please call 319-892-5120 or email email@example.com.
The Linn County Human Resources Department seeks to include and engage all customers by providing information and assistance, promoting development opportunities, recommending best practices for performance management and contract administration and following equitable, legal and cost-effective employment practices.
We support Linn County’s strategic goals of:
- Meeting customer expectations by supporting employees with tools and resources to advance the customer experience
- Creating a culture of empowered and engaged employees who understand what customers expect of their products and make satisfaction and innovation high priorities
- Protecting financial assets against loss through risk mitigation.
The departmental outcomes that Human Resources strives to attain include:
- Hiring and retaining qualified applicants
- Empowering and engaging employees
- Creating satisfying and innovative products
- Advancing employees’ skills and development
- Improving the total performance of the workforce
- Preventing loss from poor, inconsistent or discriminatory practices
- Listening and making customer satisfaction a priority.
Job Recruiting and Affirmative Action Guidelines
It is the policy of Linn County to recruit and select the most qualified candidates for positions in the County’s service. Recruitment and selection shall be conducted in an affirmative manner which ensures open competition and provides equal employment opportunities as protected by state and federal law.
Please click here to view open positions.