Services During COVID-19
Linn County’s top priority is the health and safety of employees and the public. That is why Linn County offices reopened July 20 on an appointment-only basis as part of a phased approach to reopening. Linn County will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust County operations and safety measures as needed.
Many services can be conducted online or remotely through email, mail, drop box, or by phone. To schedule an appointment with the Treasurer’s Office use the button below or for questions about remote services email Treasurer@linncounty.org or call 319-892-5500. Phone hours are 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Due to the high volume of phone calls, phone hold times could exceed 30 minutes.
Read more about our service modifications designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep employees and customers safe.
Services Offered by Appointment
Appointments can only be made for the following services via our online scheduling system:
- Title Transfer
- License Plate Exchange
- Pay Non-Sufficient Funds/Revoke
- Obtain License Plates/Registration Due to Impound
Appointments can be made up to two weeks in advance. If you receive the message “There are no time slots available,” please check back as there are no appointments available at this time. Please check regularly as appointments can open up on an hourly basis. Thank you for your patience as we work through this new way of doing business.
Appointments can be made for title transfers, but they can also be completed remotely.
The following services do not require an appointment with the Treasurer’s Office and can be completed online, by phone, by mail, or dropbox. Details are listed below for how to complete the service.
Vehicle Registration Renewals
Vehicle registration renewals can be completed the following ways:
- Online at iowataxandtags.org.
- By mailing payment to Linn County Treasurer at 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404. Make check payable to Linn County Treasurer.
- Via dropbox in front of the Linn County Public Service Center. Be sure to include your contact information when dropping business items in the dropbox.
- Call us for your PIN to renew online if you no longer have the renewal notice you received in the mail. Due to the high volume of phone calls, phone hold times could exceed 30 minutes.
Claim for Refund on Vehicle Registration
To claim a refund on a vehicle registration, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the refund form from the Iowa DOT’s website.
- Mail or drop off your completed form with your license plates to our office at 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404.
To request a duplicate title for your vehicle, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the duplicate title request form from the Iowa DOT’s website.
- Mail or drop off your completed form to our office at 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404.
Order Specialty License Plates
To order specialty license plates, please visit the Iowa DOT’s website.
|Payment Type||In Person||Online|
|Cash||No Fee||Not Accepted|
|Check||No Fee||$0.30 per transaction|
|Debit Card||$3.95 plus $0.30 per transaction||$3.95 plus $0.30 per transaction|
|Credit Card||2.35% plus $0.30 per transaction||2.35% plus $0.30 per transaction|