Wickiup Hill Learning Center
The Linn County Conservation Board built the Wickiup Hill Learning Center in 2002 to help increase community environmental awareness. An expansion was completed in 2012. One of the center’s long-standing goals is to provide opportunities for people to experience the outdoors and develop an awareness and admiration of nature.
Wickiup Hill Learning Center has a variety of features that appeal to visitors of all ages, including:
- Educational nature center, with a hallway of habitats and exhibits
- Variety of programs and classes for all ages
- Bird viewing area
- Wildlife viewing area
- Interpretive trails
- Observation deck
- Wetland boardwalk
- Woodland and savanna habitats
- Native American Mounds
- Cross-country skiing trails
- Nature playscape
Outdoor education starts at a young age at Wickiup Hill. Monthly programs are provided for kids ranging in age from 1-5 and programs are scheduled regularly with daycare and preschool organizations. The educational staff at Wickiup Hill provides field trip opportunities to thousands of school-aged children in Eastern Iowa throughout the year.
Education doesn’t stop after grade school. Life-long learning opportunities and programs are available for adults, nature clubs and senior-citizen organizations as well. Wickiup Hill encourages educational programming for people of all ages, abilities and interests.
Wickiup Hill Learning Center is located at 10260 Morris Hills Road, just NW of the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area near Toddville. Head west on Blairs Ferry to Feather Ridge Road; right (north) on Feather Ridge to Morris Hills Road; left (west) on Morris Hills Road - follow to the end of the road, the Center will be on your right (north).
Operating Hours & Seasons
- Wickiup Hill Learning Center is open to the public by reservation only over the phone by calling 319-892-6485.
- Public conservation education programs are now available. We will be enacting several protocols to facilitate a healthy and safe experience for our guests. Register today.
- Outdoor areas are open sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week.